MCX501 is a single-axis motion control IC for positioning control and speed control of pulse type servo motor and stepping motor. This IC does not require constant speed range setting, and the drive speed can achieve free output from 1pps to 8Mpps in pulses of 1pps. In addition to the trapezoidal acceleration / deceleration, the acceleration / deceleration drive can also be used as a smooth S-shaped acceleration / deceleration drive.
MCX501 is a groundbreaking motion control IC without setting a speed range. For this reason, the output speed of this IC ranges from 1pps to 8Mpps, and all speeds can be set in pulses of 1pps.
When using traditional speed multiplier to set speed:
In order to achieve low speed and fine speed setting, the speed override must be set small → but there is a defect that it cannot be moved to high speed drive
In order to perform high-speed driving, it is necessary to set the speed magnification to a large degree. However, there is a disadvantage that a fine driving speed cannot be set
MCX501's speed range free function solves the above inconveniences. In the drive, the speed can be changed from low speeds like 1pps and 2pps to high speeds like 1Mpps.
● Types of acceleration / deceleration drive The acceleration / deceleration drive can perform constant speed drive, linear acceleration / deceleration drive (symmetric / asymmetric), and S-shaped acceleration / deceleration drive (symmetric / asymmetric).
● Automatic deceleration start In linear acceleration / deceleration (symmetric / asymmetric) or S-shaped acceleration / deceleration driving (symmetric) position drive, the IC will calculate the deceleration point during deceleration to automatically start deceleration. (Asymmetric S-shaped acceleration / deceleration drive is not supported)
● S-shaped acceleration and deceleration curve
The S-shaped acceleration / deceleration uses a straight line to increase / decrease to perform acceleration / deceleration. Therefore, the speed curve becomes a quadratic parabola acceleration / deceleration. In addition, this unique method can be used to prevent triangular waveforms in S-shaped acceleration and deceleration. Constant speed linear acceleration / deceleration drive (symmetric) Linear acceleration / deceleration drive (asymmetric) Parabolic S-shaped acceleration / deceleration drive (symmetric)
Synchronous operation is a function that performs certain specified actions in a chain after certain specified start elements occur. Since it does not need to be controlled by the CPU, the specified action can be performed faster and more accurately.
There are 4 sets of settings for simultaneous operation. A set of synchronous operations is composed of a specified starting element and a specified operation. There are 15 types of starting elements: designated position, start / end drive, start and stop by external input signal, and built-in timer time. In addition, there are 28 types of operations including start / stop driving, storing the current position count value in a multi-purpose register, and writing driving speed. By using multiple sets of synchronous operations, a wider range of applications can be achieved.
● When the specified position is passed during driving, an external signal is output.
● When an external signal is input during the drive, the current position is stored in the set register.
● N divided pulses are output from the specified position to the outside during driving.
and many more
The built-in timer is set in units of 1 μsec in the range of 1 to 2,147,483,647 μsec (when CLK = 16 MHz). With synchronous operation, the following various high-precision actions can be performed.
● After the drive is completed, the drive starts after the specified time.
● After an external signal is input, the drive starts after a specified time.
● After the specified time, stop continuous pulse driving.
● Measure the moving time between passing position A and position B.
A function to output split pulses during driving. This function is used to perform various actions synchronously at a certain interval during axis movement. Can set the split pulse length, pulse width and pulse number. When combined with synchronous operation, you can start / stop dividing the pulse and input external signals to change the division length and pulse width.